Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Scalloped Potatoes & Ham

Hello taste of Henefer readers. I do a crock-pot wednesday on my private blog and thought why not share the love, so I will be posting it on this blog as well...

The prep time was 15 minutes and easy to put together. Also its nice because its stuff that you have around the house so you don't have to go out and buy the stuff.

Scalloped Potatoes & Ham
6 large russet potatoes (sliced)
1 ham steak
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can of water
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
pepper and salt or grill seasoning to taste

1. Layer potatoes and ham in crock-pot
2. Combine soup, water, cheese and seasoning in bowl. Mix and pour over potatoes and ham
3. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours until potatoes are fork tender. Turn crock-pot to LOW and cont. cooking for 1 hour.
4. Serve and don't forget your veggie :)

What You Need:
Cooking
Final Product

Yes I will make it again. but I will half-it because it made way more then our little family could eat. I also think that I will add some broth or milk to make it a little more moist.
*On a note don't stir! (my husband thought it need some stirring while I was out (thank you for being helpful, I love you) but it made it a little mashy.