Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Chicken Cordon Blue/Mash Potatoes Crockpot

I was excited to try something new and fun this week. I looked in a cook book and found chicken cordon blue that you put in the crockpot. I was so excited. I also decided that I wanted to make potatoes but just be done cook while I was in the kitchen and kids were napping, so I decided to do potatoes. I didn't want to make gravy because the point of crockpotting is to get it done and not worry about dinner the rest of the day so I picked a good seasoned recipe that didn't need gravy. The nice thing about this was its basic things you have in the house. I love to make things that I don't have to make a special run to the store. The time to prepare was about 25 minutes for both dishes.

Chicken Cordon Blue Crockpot

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 slices Swiss Cheese (I used pepper jack because thats all I had)
6 slices of ham
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 chicken bouillon cube
What you need:
Step 1: Pound chicken until flat; place ham and cheese on each piece. Roll up chicken and secure with a toothpick.
Step 2: Combine flour and seasonings. Use this mixture to coat the chicken.

Step 3: In skillet, brown chicken in oil. Then place in crockpot
Step 4: Combine water and bouillon until dissolved then mix in with cream of chicken soup. Pour mixture over chicken
Step 5: Cook on LOW for 4-5 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.

What I thought about it AMAZING! I really enjoyed it... The sauce was really good and we used it to flavor our potatoes a little. The potatoes really didn't need it but it gave it that extra zip...
Yes we will make it again for sure. The only thing I think I will do next time is double the cheese. I didn't taste the cheese to much and didn't get the cheese coming out like normally on chicken cordon blues.


Crockpot Mash-Potatoes with Cream Cheese

3-4 potatoes (mine were huge)
1/2 cube cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 chicken bouillon
1/4 water (use the boiling water)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tablespoon parsley

Step 1: Boil potatoes as normal until fork friendly :) (you have to use a stove for the first part)
Drain and place back in pot.
Step 2: Add the cream cheese, sour cream, salt, watered bouillon and seasonings. Mash everything up.
Step 3: Place in crockpot and Cook on HIGH for 2hrs or LOW for 4hrs.

Yummy it was really good and creamy. I love creamy mash potatoes. I felt like it needed a little more salt, I will put in seasoning salt next time... I think red potatoes would be divine :)

Thanks to Stembridge family cook book
Also a big Thank you to 365crockpotting.com