Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ham and Cheese Deli's

Lunch lady style!
This was my favorite lunch at school. It isnt exactly the same thing but it is still full of delicious meat and melty cheese.

Filling: (prepare while dough is rising)
Cut up your favorite kind of meat and cheese. Cheddar and ham is the original but I tried honey ham with provolone cheese and it was AMAZING! Use you favorite combination.
Set aside.

Rolls: (my mom, Sharon's, recipe)
2 C Milk
1/2 C Sugar
1 cube of butter
- on the stove heat the milk slowly till scalded (film across the top, hot but you can still comfortably stick your finger in it)
1/2 C warm water
1 TB sugar
2 TB yeast
-Start yeast growing in a big mixing bowl
3 eggs
-add to yeast mixture then add milk mixture
2 tsp salt
7-8 C flour
-knead till you feel good about it then let it rise till doubled. Beat down and get your meat and cheese!
-grab some dough, kind of flatten it out then put some meat and cheese in the middle. Seal the dough around the filling so it doesn't melt out the bottom.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 and ENJOY!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for ham and cheese delis!!! I am totally making these this week... thanks for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THESE!!! A year ago I was 11 months prego and was sub-ing for the middle school they were having ham and cheese deils for lunch I asked for 7 of them and took some home... I couldn't get enough.

    ReplyDelete